Here’s a really good twist to traditional stuffed peppers. We substituted spicy turkey sausage for the beef and used Cubanelle peppers instead of green peppers. This is by far the best stuffed pepper recipe I’ve tried… you will definitely want to try this one after watching the video.
* 6 Cubanelle peppers or mild banana peppers
* 1 egg
* 1/4 red onion, diced
* 3 green onions, chopped
* 1/2 package chopped spinach, drained
* 1/2 red pepper, diced
* 5 pre packaged Italian turkey sausages (casings removed)
* 3/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
* 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
* 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
* Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, onions, turkey sausage, bread crumbs, cheese, spinach, red pepper and rice. Spoon into peppers.
* Coat the peppers with extra virgin olive oil and place on grill
* Cover and turn peppers until all sides have been slightly charred. Turkey meat should reach an internal temp of 170 degrees
* Serve with your favorite side dish